During Taste of the Teign you will see many exciting dishes being created with local ingredients. This new section will provide you with some of the recipes for those.
This is like a very special jammy dodger that literally melts in your mouth in a moment. I recommend you store the biscuits plain and sandwich them together at the last minute when you are ready to serve them.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 Sandwich together biscuits when ready to serve with jam, and butter icing
- Beat butter until soft.
- Sift the powdered sugar, plain flour and corn flour into a bowl.
- Mix together and add vanilla extract.
- Roll teaspoons of dough into a ball and place on a greased baking sheet, or one lined with baking paper. The balls should be well spaced apart as they will spread when baked.
- Press the tops down lightly with a fork to make parallel marks on top of each ball.
- Bake in a preheated oven for around 14 minutes or until barely brown.
- Remove from the tin and cool completely.
- Sandwich together biscuits when ready to serve with jam, and butter icing
- To make the butter icing Beat together until light and fluffy: 150 g icing sugar 2 Tbsp butter ½ tsp vanilla extract Drop of milk or cream until soft and spreadable Use the mixture to sandwich the biscuits together.